Content Marketing & SEO Services for Higher Ed
Enter: Our specialized SEO and Content Marketing services for Higher Education.
Our Lovely Clients
Are SEO Services Worth It For Higher Education?
SEO services help educational institutions reach new audiences in the discovery stage – from students looking for applications, courses & tutoring services, to teaching staff looking for resources and guidance. From a branding perspective, SEO content marketing services help establish your institution as a thought leader in the field of education.
SEO & Content Marketing Company For Higher Ed
Content Marketing & SEO bring awareness to your courses, programs, and tutoring services by making them easy to find on search engine results pages.
BUILD CONTENT FOR UNAWARE AUDIENCES
Capture the attention of students, their parents, or their current institutions before they even start deciding on programs and courses.
- Identify pain points students have before enrolling. What are the questions someone is asking themselves before enrolling in History VS enrolling in Humanities VS enrolling in a Mathematics program?
- Become the go-to resource for Higher Education: give out tips to students on preparing for entrance exams, build out flashcards and lesson plans for teachers, offer feedback forms for parents, and much more.
CONVERT WEBSITE VISITORS INTO STUDENTS
Being searchable is only one piece of the puzzle. Your website also needs to be easy to navigate and provide genuinely helpful information that will build your reputation.
- Make your website easy to navigate and understand. Students should be able to locate application forms, courses, or curriculum information without much friction.
- Showcase why you’re different. What does your institution offer that makes it better from all other institutions that offer the same courses or programs?
CONDUCT LEARNER-FOCUSED KEYWORD RESEARCH
Use keywords to see where your website is lacking in online visibility.
- Capture keyword rankings for each class and program at your institution: Become the first result on Google for subjects you teach and offer in your targeted area.
- Look into competitor gaps. What are other institutions offering the same services as you ranking for, and would your institution benefit from pursuing those rankings?
BUILD BRAND AUTHORITY OFF-SITE
What’s the reputation of your school, programs, and teachers away from your own website? Do you have any online presence that can vouch for your legitimacy and expertise?
- Develop content in partnership with reputable organizations. How can you reach other blogs, podcasts, and networking groups that cover topics related to higher education?
- Connect and interact with your past, potential and current students. Generate reviews on your business profile and respond to comments and feedback.
Book a Free Higher Education Content Marketing & SEO Consultation
Focus on Branding & Revenue, not just Traffic
For example, Let’s say you offer English Language Tutoring for exchange students in Boston.
A page targeting the keyword “english lessons” may bring your website thousands of visitors every month, but most of them are likely looking for online lessons – not courses or programs.
On the other hand, ranking first for a page targeting the keyword “english courses in boston for international students” will bring you only 20-30 visitors per month, but they are almost certainly looking exactly for the services you offer.
Frequently Asked Questions About SEO & Content Marketing For Higher Education
What is SEO in the context of Education?
SEO in education means positioning your educational institution and its services, programs, and courses on the first page of search results on major search engines (like Google and Bing).
Is SEO Important for Universities?
Around 62% of respondents in a recent survey investigating how students decide which college to attend said a college’s brand and name recognition influenced their decision on whether to apply for it or not. SEO directly affects how well distributed your college or university’s brand name is on Search Engine Results Pages online.
How is SEO done for a college website?
- The first step is keyword research for your courses, programs & other offers.
- The second step is a competitor audit of other institutions in your area.
- The third step is a technical audit of your website to identify whether your website’s performance is optimal for SEO.
- The fourth step is optimization and content creation.
- The fifth step is addressing conversion pain points to turn traffic acquisition into revenue acquisition.
Optionally, college website SEO may include some digital PR work to raise your word-of-mouth marketing & build trust signals with search engines.
Conversion-Focused SEO Skyrockets Traffic By 247% And Conversions By 52%
A private tutoring company approached Fire&Spark to increase its organic traffic, conversions, and site authority. Using a conversion-first approach, Fire&Spark focused on low hanging fruit optimization opportunities and creating new, authoritative content to establish the company as a thought leader in the private tutoring space. Our conversion-focused SEO approach proved to not only skyrocket traffic, but also conversions and leads by 52%.