Today, having a “modern strategy” means having the ability to update your SEO strategy to always be aligned with Google’s changing algorithm. The market for search engine rankings is so competitive that you constantly need to be thinking about how you can upgrade your tactics for the current landscape.
Our purpose-driven approach is all about building a brand that resonates with the internet and letting Google notice it.
The Importance of Brand Purpose
Brand purpose is crucial to business, but many are not utilizing its benefits because they don’t understand what it’s really all about.
Brand purpose is about resonating with something that your audience cares about and being able to highlight that in your messaging. This form of storytelling naturally leads to content that can generate both customer engagement and valuable backlinks. These triggers are the ranking signals that Google’s AI is looking for. Once the search engine establishes your brand has authority, it will rank your website higher on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
For example, Fire&Spark worked with Fire Dept. Coffee, a veteran-owned coffee brand that was struggling to increase sales from organic traffic and improve search engine rankings against tough competition in their space. Our powerful purpose-driven SEO strategy led them to increase organic revenue 2.4x in only 12 months!
Contact us to build your purpose-driven SEO strategy today!
As a purpose-driven brand, you’ll be able to:
- Establish more impactful SEO goals
- Waste less resources on minimal technical optimizations
- Build better targeted content for your audience
- Generate like-minded partnerships with other organizations in your space
- Highlight a genuine mission or story that resonates with customers
Purpose-Driven Content Strategy
A crucial part to building and implementing a successful purpose-driven SEO strategy starts with creating content. When building content aligned with your brand purpose, it’s important that you build both keyword-targeted content + authority-building content.
Some of your content should be created with the aim of ranking for keywords. Although this shouldn’t be the core of your SEO strategy, it is still important to create content that matches the queries users are searching for.
Examples include blog articles, FAQs, or marketing pages that have targeted keywords to drive traffic.
Most of your content should be created with the purpose of building authority. This content highlights you as a thought-leader, resonates with your audience, and is aligned with your brand purpose. Your content doesn’t always have to be about your product or service – it could simply highlight your brand mission, values, or story. Many different like-minded audiences will be able to relate to this because it’s also aligned with their purpose.
Examples include a campaign webpage, forum, or PR page on your site.
Click here to learn more about our Authority-First SEO methodology.
Discover Your Purpose
The first step to creating purpose-driven content is to identify what your brand purpose actually is. The easiest way to do this is by examining your brand and your customers. Take a few minutes and genuinely try to answer the questions below. Your answers – or the lack of them – will show you where to focus your purpose-driven SEO efforts.
To examine your brand, determine the following:
- What is your unique value proposition?
- What do you currently prioritize in your messaging? What do you hope to prioritize?
- When people think of your brand, what do you want them to think of?
- How many partners do you have? How many partners do you want or need?
- What makes your brand story unique?
- What are your brand values? Do you leverage them in your marketing?
- What differentiates you from your competitors?
To examine your customers, determine the following:
- What do your customers care about? How can you advocate on behalf of them?
- What questions are your customers asking?
- Why do my customers engage with my content?
- What closes the sale?
- Why do customers love your product/service?
- Which communities love your brand?
In conclusion, the content you create needs to effectively communicate your brand purpose. Customers and partners will resonate with your message, generating more sales and relationships. Purpose-driven content will educate your readers and persuade them to support your purpose by engaging with it or buying one of your products. Creating purpose-driven content is one of the most important things you can do to attract clients and create interest in your business.
- Leverage a brand purpose in your marketing to resonate with online consumers.
- Engagement is a powerful signal that your brand is building momentum. This is how you are going to get rankings.
- Your content must resonate with a like-minded community in order to demonstrate authority.
Download our Authority First SEO Strategies Resource Guide to learn more!