400% Increase In Leads Driven By Compelling, Customer-Focused Content
A tech-savvy mortgage company approached Fire&Spark with stagnated organic search traffic. They knew that their customers were mostly online, and they needed to better tap into this channel to grow their business.
Using a conversion-focused approach, Fire&Spark prioritized developing their target customer, understanding what compels their customers to convert, and building content that aligns with their unique search intent.
Up until we started working together, our mortgage client had been relying on old-school SEO methodology. This methodology uses an SEO for Rankings approach, which oftentimes leads to traffic without the conversion intent. Our client was seeing the traffic, but not the leads.
In order to start driving high conversion intent traffic to our client’s website, we developed a multi-pronged SEO for Revenue™ approach. This approach ensured that all of the SEO tactics we employed would move the needle and lead to business growth.
Looking through the lens of our SEO for Revenue approach, we prioritized fixing and restructuring the website to gain organic visibility, conversion-focused content development, and conversion rate optimization for existing content.
Another key part of the strategy that led to 4x lead generation was a comprehensive customer analysis. This included interviews with loan officers to understand the criteria for their target customers, online buyer behavior research, and extensive search intent analysis. This customer analysis provided us with the information needed to make informed, revenue-first strategy decisions.
Our multi-pronged approach included:
- Fixing and restructuring our client’s website to boost search engine rankings
- Crafting unique meta data
- Finding and fixing duplicate content issues
- Fixing improperly redirected subdomains
- Finding and fixing a website bug that was preventing the website from generating proper meta data
- Creating compelling, conversion-focused content
- Interviewing loan officers to understand customer concerns and priorities
- Conducting keyword research and accumulating 80,000 keywords for search intent analysis
- Customer analysis to understand patterns in mortgage shoppers’ buying behavior
- Creating niche content that highlights our client’s strengths, including expert interviews, financial calculators, and FAQs
- Developing content for each stage in the mortgage buying process
- Getting our client accepted into Google News
- Creating a new “Mortgage News” blog on their site to post thought leadership content and industry news
- Performance Optimization
- Measuring the ROI of content by content type, author, promotion strategy, and promotion channel
- Continuously optimizing the content marketing campaign as we discovered which content types and topics performed the best
Unlike other SEO campaigns that are focused more on rankings than results, we developed our SEO strategy with conversion as the primary focus.
After fixing the technical issues, generating targeted content, and optimizing our content campaigns, we achieved 4X growth in organic traffic and mortgage leads.